Beaumont's Complete Guide To Effective Cockroach Control
January 30, 2022
When was the last time you saw a cockroach in Beaumont? If you are here today, chances are you recently spotted one of these gross-looking bugs skittering around inside your home. If this is the case, or you are looking to learn more about these pests and how to control them, you are in the right place. Here is everything you should know about cockroaches in Beaumont and what methods work best to exclude them from your home.
The Types Of Roaches That Commonly Invade Beaumont Homes
There are a few different types of cockroaches that call Beaumont home. The three most common types of cockroaches you should know about are German cockroaches, Oriental cockroaches, and American cockroaches. The German cockroach is a smaller species with a tan body and two almost parallel lines behind its head. The Oriental roach is a bit bigger and has a shiny black body with no distinguishable markings. Finally, the American cockroach is the largest area species. This large roach has a reddish-brown body and yellowish figure-eight marking located behind its head.
How Roaches Spread Around Dangerous Diseases
Cockroaches are notorious for carrying and spreading harmful disease-causing organisms. German cockroaches are capable of transmitting 33 dangerous bacteria, 7 human pathogens, and 6 parasitic worms. Some common ways people get sick from having roaches indoors include interacting with droppings, eating contaminated food, and touching surfaces where these pests have rubbed their greasy bodies. If you have asthma or other respiratory problems, you might also be affected by cockroach droppings and shed skins that act as particulate irritants. If you suspect you have a cockroach problem inside your Beaumont home, you may need to clean more frequently until your issue is eradicated.
Five Easy & Effective Cockroach Prevention Tips
One great way to deter cockroaches is to put in place natural prevention steps. If you have some extra time on your hands and access to a local hardware store, try these five prevention methods around your home today.
- Thoroughly examine your home's exterior. Seal gaps and cracks in your foundation using caulk, repair or replace damaged window and door screens, and install door sweeps as needed.
- Address moisture issues in and around your home. To do this, eliminate sources of water buildup, make sure your gutters are working properly, and consider using a dehumidifier.
- Store your trash inside bins with tight-fitting lids. In addition to this, clean trash bins if they get dirty.
- Store food inside airtight plastic, metal, or glass containers. We recommend doing this with leftovers, pet food, and opened pantry items.
- Keep your home as clean as possible. Cleaning should include daily chores like dishes, wiping down countertops, and regularly washing around and under large and small kitchen appliances.
The Most Effective Form Of Cockroach Control In Beaumont
If you have recently spotted cockroaches indoors and are worried they might get you or your family sick, we have a solution for you at Pestco Professional Pest Control. Our team offers detailed home exterminator services and commercial pest control options in Beaumont designed to eliminate these pests fast, no matter where they are hiding. To start, we will send one of our friendly and well-trained technicians your way to perform a detailed pest inspection. This inspection will help them assess your problem and design a course of action to meet your home's individual needs. They will also suggest some long-term options to help you defend your home against pests like cockroaches year-round.
Call today if you have any questions about pest control in Beaumont, to learn more about our cockroach control plans, and to schedule your Beaumont home for an inspection.