How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Beaumont Home
February 28, 2022
How can you get rid of bed bugs in Beaumont? The most obvious answer to this question is to contact pest control in Beaumont for a bed bug treatment. This is the easiest and most effective way to deal with bed bugs.
If you need assistance with this, you can reach out to us here at Pestco Professional Pest, but sometimes you can deal with these insects on your own, if you catch an infestation early. Take a moment to look through these quick tips for bed bug control in Beaumont and learn when it is best to contact a professional for help.
Easy-To-Spot Sign Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
You're likely to know that you have a bed bug infestation when you start finding bites on your skin. Each individual bed bug bites more than once (often three times). It only takes a small number of bed bugs to cause a lot of bites. But we don't imagine you want to wait until bed bugs are causing large numbers of bites on your skin. The first step in natural pest control for bed bugs is to learn how to inspect your home for the symptoms of an infestation.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation
There are a few telltale signs of a bed bug infestation. Sometimes they're obvious. Most of the time, they're not obvious.
- Bed bugs leave black feces on pillowcases, sheets, and bedding. They may also leave black streaks on electronics, bed frames, baseboards, and outlet covers. These are fairly easy to detect. But they're more likely to leave feces in cracks, creases, and crevices.
- Bed bugs shed their skins as they develop. You might see shed skins when you look between a mattress and a box spring, but you're more likely to find these skins in the seams of your mattress or box spring.
- Bed bugs lay tiny white eggs. You may find this in small batches and hidden in tight spaces and compressed areas.
- You might see bed bugs in your home if you have an infestation, but you might not know you're looking at a bed bug. We encourage you to learn how to identify bed bugs in all stages of development.
If you find bed bugs in your home, the next step is to get rid of them. You may be able to do this yourself.
How Do You Treat Bed Bugs?
If you inspect your home and see black feces, fecal spotting, black streaks, shed skins, tiny white eggs, or bed bugs crawling around, you may be able to arrest your infestation by putting items through a 30-minute dryer cycle or sealing them in plastic and putting them in your freezer for 4 days. Here are some examples:
- A prime location to find bed bugs is in duffel bags, book bags, pocketbooks, luggage, and clothing. All of these can be treated naturally. Treat these items first.
- As bed bugs move from bags and luggage, they'll move across carpets. Vacuum your carpets and put the vacuum bag outside.
- Bed bugs infest beds or couches most. Closely examine these places to see if you can find bed bugs huddled together. If so, you can use a vacuum to suck them right up.
These are quick and easy methods for stopping bed bugs. If you prefer to try these before contacting a licensed professional, we understand.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
You may be able to do your own bed bug control when you first detect bed bugs, but it is best to get a professional if bed bugs have gotten into your beds, furniture, or home. It can be very difficult to exterminate bed bugs without training on where bed bugs hide, what products and methods currently work best to get rid of them, and how to evaluate the success of a treatment program so that you know that all the bugs are gone.
If you're in Beaumont, contact Pestco Professional Pest when bed bugs have infested your home. We can make sure no bugs remain.