The Best Way To Protect Your Beaumont Property From Termites
April 30, 2022
History buffs will be in heaven when visiting Beaumont, Texas, as there are almost 200 years of history packed in this town. Explorers will be delighted with the many homes and buildings that date back to the 1840s, including multiple museums and historic theaters. Whether you live in an old building or a new one, the wood inside may be just the dinner local termites need to satisfy their dietary requirements, making Pest Control in Beaumont a full-time job.
The Life Cycle Of Termites
Termites are a social group. They live in colonies with a particular order (a caste system). All three castes work together like a well-oiled machine for the colony's good.
The life cycle of the three castes of termites include the following:
- Reproductives (king and queen): The job of alates (flying termites - swarmers) is to search for nesting sites. Once they shed their wings, the search for a moist piece of wood begins for an egg-laying chamber for the queen. Multiple egg-laying cycles will commence. Within 3 to 5 years after a colony gets established, it will send out new alates. Colonies often mushroom to over 60,000 members.
- Workers: These termites are the largest group in the colony. Their job is to look for food, care for and groom others in the nest, and repair any defective areas of the nest. Workers only live 1 to 2 years.
- Soldiers: The colony's defenders are the soldiers. If an object threatens the settlement, the soldiers' job is to protect it; they will attack.
The saying, "It takes a village," is valid for termites. Each caste is responsible for the success of the colony. If colonies establish themselves on your property, with the growth rate of its offspring, it won't be long before workers are silently munching away at your wood.
How Termites Silently Destroy Your Property
Termites looking for moisture sources can enter properties through cracks less than 1/16 inch. Workers use their powerful saw-toothed jaws to plow through wood like shears. The workers bite off tiny bits of wood one piece at a time. Small colonies can eat 1/5 of an ounce of lumber daily. If a small colony "eats" undetected, they can consume a 2x4 wood board in one year. Over an extended period of infestation, they can even collapse a building. With termites having the ability to cause property owners severe financial damages and costs, you need a termite company like Pestco Professional Pest in your corner. Our team has the tools and experience to locate and eliminate termites from your property.
Natural Ways To Make Your Property Less Attractive To Termites
Year-round protection from Pestco Professional Pest is the best way to guarantee effective termite removal from your property; however, there are natural ways property owners can prevent termites from visiting their property.
Four natural protections that help prevent termite invasions include:
- Remove standing water around foundations.
- Check foundations for cracks or crevices and seal them.
- Never bury wood debris in the ground.
- Keep firewood/stored wood up off the ground.
Even the most vigil property owners can miss signs of a termite problem. With such sneaky pests invading the Beaumont area, it is wise to partner with the experts at Pestco Professional Pest.
The Most Effective Termite Control For Your Property
Do you want to make sure that termites stay away from your property? The most effective termite control for Beaumont and the Gold Triangle area is Pestco Professional Pest. You have our promise that we will use the latest technology and tools to eliminate your termite problem once and for all. Call us today for a free estimate.