The Trick To Getting Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Beaumont Home
September 30, 2022
If you are looking for a town with a ton of historical character, Beaumont, Texas is the place to visit. It appears on the National Register of Historic Places. People can see its economic development while strolling along the downtown streets. Whether you live in a new or old home, the local ant has been through all of Beaumont's historical changes. Without proper pest control in Beaumont, these old pests can cause significant problems for homeowners.
Types Of Ants That Commonly Invade Beaumont Homes
Beaumont residents have a plethora of ants roaming the area. With at least six different types of ants that often invade area homes, homeowners are wise to know their distinguishing characteristics.
Six ant species commonly invading Beaumont homes include:
- Odorous house ants grow around 1/16 to 1/8 inches long and have a black/brown coloration. They typically congregate around areas with abundant moisture sources.
- Carpenter ants are large, growing anywhere from 1/2 to 5/8 inches long. Their coloration is black, red, or a combination of the two. They drill tunnels through wooden structures.
- Ghost ants are tiny, measuring around 1/16 of an inch. Their thorax/head is dark brown, but their legs/abdomen are yellowish. They usually nest in warm and humid with plenty of water and food.
- Pharoah ants also measure around 1/16 of an inch, but their bodies are usually a pale reddish/yellowish coloration, with their abdomens being almost black. Colonies are extensive, and proteins, sweets, and oils are a big attraction.
- Crazy ants measure between 1/16 to 1/8 inches long. While they are typically dark brown/black, they have a gray sheen. They are notably different from other ant species because they have "jerky" movements and run erratically.
- Fire ants measure between 1/8 to 3/8 inches long with a reddish-brown coloration. This ant builds nests in the soil by foundations and landscaping and is highly aggressive with painful bites.
Ant control in Beaumont is essential, with many kinds of ants invading local homes. By engaging Pestco Professional Pest, homeowners receive the best ant control services in the area.
Why You Don't Want Ants Crawling Around Your Home
Most agree that ants are a nuisance, but there is more to it than that; they bring numerous problems when entering homes. Crazy and ghost ants fall in the nuisance category and can be difficult to eradicate from homes. Carpenter ants damage wooden structures with their excavation. Fire ants have painful bites, and pharaoh ants spread diseases like Streptococcus pyogenes and salmonella.
Identifying which ants are causing problems in your home can be daunting. Pestco Professional Pest can identify, locate, and remove all the different ant species around Beaumont.
How And Why Ants Find Their Way Into Your Home
Moisture and food keep ant activity alive and thriving. Because homes often provide the essentials needed for ants to survive, they become a primary target when outside sources deplete.
Factors that allow easy access and lure ants inside homes include:
- Moisture leaks, standing water, and humid areas.
- Food crumbs, grease, sugars, and spills are uncleaned.
- Foods are left out; garbage is not regularly removed and placed in sealed containers.
- Cracks and small openings around windows and doors are left unsealed.
- Branches and shrubbery overhang/brush up against structures.
There are unlimited ways for ants to access homes. Help from the pest professionals at Pestco Professional Pest is vital for effective ant control.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Ants
The most effective way to deal with ant problems is by calling the pros at Pestco Professional Pest. Our company has been servicing the Beaumont area since 2000, and our knowledge of local pests comes with 30+ years of pest control experience. Don't trust the protection of your home to just anyone; call Pestco Professional Pest today for excellent customer service and a free inspection.