Rodents may be small, but they can create big problems when they get into your home. Today, we're going to look at common rodents in Beaumont, the problems they cause, and what you can do to get total control of rodents. If you're currently dealing with a frustrating rodent issue, you can reach out to us through our contact page for immediate pest control in Beaumont. We're always standing by to help.
Common Beaumont Rodents & Why They're Dangerous
There are only three common types of rodents that get into homes, and one is not nearly as bad as the other two. While squirrels can get into your attic and make a mess, that's where they are typically going to stay. When rats or mice get in your home, they can explore every level from top to bottom.
There are things rodents will do in your home. Rats and mice will do these things more than squirrels. Here are a few to consider:
- Rodents leave droppings and urine in all the places they explore. Squirrel waste will be somewhat isolated to attic spaces. Rats and mice can leave waste all around your home. This waste can be a source of disease as rodents are known to transmit diseases to humans.
- Rodents bring ticks and fleas into homes. These parasites can plague you with bites. If they are infected, they can transmit diseases to you and your dog or cat.
- Rodents chew on wires. If a live wire is cut, it can spark a fire. Even little rodents like house mice can be a fire hazard in your home.
- Rodents chew on lots of things. They can chew holes to get inside your home. They can chew holes in building materials to go from wall voids to pantries or kitchens. They can chew holes in cardboard storage boxes. They may also chew on stored items, such as clothing, books, etc. They do this to collect materials for their nests.
- Rodents may get into stored furniture and use the soft innards as a nest.
We could go on, but you get the point. It is important to take action to control rodents. It's a lot of work but it is well worth the effort.
Five Eco-Friendly Rodent Prevention Tips For Around The House
There are many ways to prevent rodent infestations. Here are five tips to help you control common rodents before they get into your home:
- Move bird feeders away from your exterior or get rid of them altogether. Seeds are a dietary staple for rodents. Make sure your trash is covered and protected so that rodents can't climb and jump their way into a buffet lunch. Refrain from feeding your dog or cat outdoors.
- Address standing water. While rodents can get much of the water they need from the foods they eat, they like having a water source around. Repair gutter breaks or other issues that pertain to your gutters.
- Remove hiding places in your yard and near your home. This control tip is mostly for mice and rats. These rodents prefer a yard that has clutter to hide under. While they prefer this clutter to be stacked wood, brush piles, leaves, stones, and other organic materials, they'll also hide in man-made items.
- Seal potential gaps and holes that rodents might use to get into your home. Mice and rats are attracted to tight spaces and will squeeze into a hole or gap to explore it. Use a caulking gun to seal these curious little recesses, so that rodents don't get inside.
- Trim branches away from your roofline. This will deter squirrels and roof rats from getting onto your roof and taking advantage of vulnerable spots. Put wire mesh in your downspouts to prevent tiny rodents from working their way up to your roof.
If you roll your sleeves up and do these things, you can have success keeping rodents out of your Beaumont home. When more control is needed, or if rodents are already inside your home, we recommend professional rodent control. This is because rodents are usually very difficult to control once they get inside. These domestic rodents are well adapted to guarding themselves from our attempts to get rid of them.
Contact The Professionals For Total Rodent Control For Your Home
In Beaumont, contact Pestco Professional Pest for rodent control you can count on. Our service team has the experience, training, certifications, and licensing to provide you with the best results possible.
If you have a rodent problem, you've probably already dealt with unwanted surprises. With Pestco Professional Pest, you're not going to get any more surprises. We bill accurately and we do what we say we're going to do. Discover the Pestco difference by reaching out to us today.