Mice in Beaumont are little. When you see these little rodents in your yard, or you find one in your home, you might not be too concerned. You may decide that the solution is to put down a few traps, catch those rodents, and be done with your problem. You may do the same thing even if you see a big, fat rat. If you decide to take this path, there are a few things you should definitely know. Check out these helpful rodent facts so that you make an informed decision about your Beaumont, TX rodent control issue.
Common Types Of Home-Invading Rodents In Beaumont
In the Beaumont area, the kinds of rodents the technicians at Pestco Professional Pest Control see most are house mice, roof rats, and Norway rats. These are all domestic rodents, but they're not domesticated rodents. While they are comfortable living in close proximity with humans, they haven't been properly trained by humans. Here are a few reasons why this is important:
- Rats and mice leave their droppings in Beaumont homes as they explore. These droppings can dry up and turn into airborne contaminants.
- Rats and mice leave their waste in areas they sleep. This can cause their fur to be contaminated and they can contaminate anything they rub their fur on.
- Rats and mice leave droplets of urine as they explore. They do this to help navigate their environment by using their strong sense of smell. This urine can be a source of contamination.
- Domestic rodents don't have flea and tick collars, like a domestic dog or cat might.
- If you have a dog, you might have to teach your dog that it is bad to chew on furniture. The rodents in your home are going to chew on things, and there is no way to train them to do otherwise. One thing they chew on is wiring. This can lead to a fire.
Do you see the problem? It doesn't matter if you have big rodents or little rodents, all rodents do these things. They're not domesticated.
The Dangerous Diseases Rodents Are Known To Spread
Mice and rats are able to make you sick. They can make you sick directly or indirectly by exposing you to ticks, fleas, and other parasites. Rodents are also reservoirs for mosquito-borne diseases, such as West Nile virus. This is what the CDC says about rodent diseases.
Direct Diseases Caused By Rodents
Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, lassa fever, leptospirosis, lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis, Omsk hemorrhagic fever, plague, rat-bite fever, and salmonellosis.
Indirect Diseases Caused By Rodents
Babesiosis, Colorado tick fever, cutaneous Leishmaniasis, human granulocytic anaplasmosis, La Cross encephalitis, Lyme disease, Murine typhus, Powassan virus, scrub typhus, rickettsialpox, relapsing fever, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, sylvatic typhus, and West Nile virus.
It is best to get professional rodent control when you detect rodents on your property or inside your home. There are far too many ways they can impact your health.
Why DIY Rodent Control Is A Waste Of Time & Money
All rodents have defensive behaviors and abilities that help to protect them from rodent control, and different kinds of rodents present different and unique challenges. A licensed professional uses field-tested methods. Without these strategies, it is likely that rodents will outsmart you.
- Rodents can become trap shy when they sense that traps are a threat. This can make them more difficult to control.
- Rodents can become bait averse if they sense that a food source is harmful to them.
- Rodents can move fast enough to evade the death swing of a spring trap.
- Rats are suspicious of new things that are placed in their environment and they may avoid traps simply because they don't trust them.
- While house mice are curious animals, they're known to eat the bait off spring trap latches or cause traps to spring without getting caught in traps.
If rodents evade your attempts to catch them, it can be frustrating, but there are worse outcomes than not catching a rodent. What we see often is that one or more rodents will be caught, and residents think they've solved the problem when they actually haven't. This allows rodents to continue to cause sickness and property damage.
Where To Get Professional Rodent Control In Beaumont
When you detect rodents on your Beaumont property or inside your home (or business), contact Pestco Professional Pest Control for advanced rodent control. We use systematic control methods and trusted products to remove all the rodents present, and we offer cleaning services to address contamination. If you want a comprehensive home pest control or commercial pest control solution in Beaumont, we can guide you toward the right plan for your home and for your budget. Reach out to us today for immediate service. We can help.