Pest Control In Nederland, TX
Settled in 1897 and officially incorporated in 1940, Nederland, TX, is a great place to call home. It’s situated near the Gulf Coast and the Louisiana border and has a population of almost 18,000 people. As our city grows, so does our pest population, which exposes us to the dangers of infestations. If you own a home or business here in Nederland, we suggest getting ongoing services from pest experts. That’s the only effective way to guard yourself and those you love from pest activity.
Welcome to Pestco Professional Pest Control. Since 2000, our family-owned and operated company has provided honest and effective home pest control and commercial exterminator solutions in Nederland. Reach out to us today for dependable Jefferson County pest control.
Residential Pest Control In Nederland
Being a homeowner is a real privilege, but it’s also a huge responsibility. One of the dangers facing your Nederland home is a household pest infestation, and we’re here to protect you and your loved ones from the dangers that come with it. Our residential pest control process entails the following:
- Perform a comprehensive and complimentary interior and exterior inspection.
- Identify conducive conditions such as cracks, crevices, moisture, entry points, harborage areas, etc.
- Assess the situation and discuss treatment options with the customer.
- Exterior Service: Foundation, cracks and crevices, doors and windows, the lawn, and hot spots found during the inspection
- Interior Service: Baseboards, high traffic areas like kitchen, bathroom, laundry rooms, any other areas found during the inspection
- Single, monthly, and quarterly plans to meet your needs
- Free reservice if you need us between planned service visits
All of our services are safe for children, pets, and people. You do not need to be home for service, as our highly trained pest experts are always prompt, professional, and trustworthy. Give us a call today to discuss your residential pest control needs.
Commercial Pest Control In Nederland
Your Nederland business deserves year-round protection against pest infestations, and that’s why we offer comprehensive commercial pest solutions that business owners can depend on. After a free inspection, we develop a suitable treatment place for your facility. We use IPM (Integrated Pest Management) to solve pest problems in the long term. Reach out to us to get started.
The Best Advice You Can Hear About Paper Wasps In Nederland
Paper wasps are common area stinging insects that are most active in the early spring months. They build their nests in different structures like decks, sheds, swing sets, etc. Some of the best advice you can hear about paper wasps in Nederland is to be proactive in your prevention efforts. If you want to make your property less attractive to paper wasps, here are some prevention tips to take into consideration:
- Cover up holes in the ground with cement or grass.
- Eliminate food sources (human and pet food) and don’t leave them outside.
- Keep all doors and windows shut when possible.
- Keep an eye out for wasp nests in sheds, garages, wall cavities, etc.
- Keep garbage cans tightly sealed and cover any piles of compost.
- Pick up trash and clean spills as soon as they happen.
- Use caulk the seal cracks and crevices around your porch.
- Use wasp-repelling plants like wormwood, marigold, mint, basil, and geranium.
If you think there may be paper wasp activity on your property, don’t try to remove a paper wasp nest on your own. It’s a dangerous task best left to pest professionals. Call the Pestco Professional Pest Control team to address all your stinging insect control needs.
Eleven Simple Tricks To Keep Rodents Out Of Your Nederland Home
A household rodent infestation is a real nightmare, and it can have serious health and safety consequences for you and your loved ones. That’s why taking preventative measures against Nederland rodents is so important. Here are eleven simple tricks to keep rodents out of your Nederland home:
- Eliminate access to food sources by properly storing food.
- Eliminate excess moisture and water sources.
- Fix leaky pipes and other plumbing issues.
- Keep woodpiles and tree trimmings away from home and garage.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness, promptly wiping up crumbs and spills.
- Remove clutter around your space and vacuum regularly to reduce harborage areas.
- Repair faulty faucets and other sources of excess moisture.
- Seal entry points and block off cracks and crevices.
- Store food and belongings in gnaw-proof containers.
- Store trash in a metal container with a tightly fitted lid.
- Take the trash out frequently and keep it outside in metal containers.
While it’s important to be proactive in your rodent control efforts, the truth is the most reliable source of rodent control in Nederland is continued protection from pest professionals. Here at Pest Professional Pest Control, we work hard to detect and eliminate all rodents from your home to keep you safe and protected throughout the year. Contact us today to learn more.
Ant Prevention Tips Nederland Residents Should Know
With the mild winters and hot summers that Nederland experiences, ants are a year-round problem. While most ants are more of a nuisance than a danger, some species can cause serious problems. Fire ants, for example, can cause painful stings, and carpenter ants can cause extensive damage to your wooden structures. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to prevent ants from becoming a problem:
- Seal up any cracks or holes in your exterior walls. Ants can enter through even the smallest openings, so it's important to make sure your home is well sealed.
- Keep food sealed and stored properly. Ants are attracted to food, so keep things like sugar, flour, and cereal in airtight containers.
- Clean up spills and crumbs immediately. Don't give ants a reason to come into your home by leaving food out in the open.
- Fix any leaks. Ants are attracted to moisture, so fixing any leaks in your plumbing will help keep them away.
- Reduce moisture in your home. In addition to fixing leaks, you can also reduce moisture in your home by using a dehumidifier and ventilating damp areas like bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Keep your yard clean. If you have garbage or other food waste in your yard, it will attract ants. Be sure to keep your yard clean and free of debris.
By following these tips, you can help prevent ants from becoming a problem in your home. If you do find yourself with an ant infestation, however, be sure to call a professional ant pest control company like Pestco Professional Pest. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to get rid of tricky ant infestations for good.
Are Bed Bugs In Nederland Dangerous?
If you've ever had the misfortune of dealing with bed bugs, you know how annoying and frustrating they can be. But beyond being a nuisance, are bed bugs actually dangerous?
Bed bugs are not known to transmit disease, but they can cause a number of other problems. They bite humans and animals alike, leaving itchy, red welts. This can lead to secondary infections if the bites are scratched. Bed bugs can also cause sleep deprivation due to their biting habits.
They can also be difficult to get rid of once they've infested an area. If you think you have bed bugs, it's important to call a professional pest control company like Pestco Professional Pest. Look for signs such as red welts or bites, dark spots on your sheets, or small bugs crawling around in your bed.
If you think you have bed bugs, it's time to call a professional pest control company. Bed bugs are not a pest you can eliminate on your own, and it takes professional treatment to get rid of them for good. Pestco Professional Pest has been dealing with these pests in Nederland for more than 20 years. Our bed bug control services in Nederland can help you get rid of bed bugs quickly and efficiently, so you can get back to sleeping soundly.
Treating Termites In Nederland Is Trickier Than You May Think
Termites are one of the most destructive pests out there, capable of causing serious damage to your home. If you have termites in Nederland, it's important to call a professional pest control company like Pestco Professional Pest as soon as possible.
There are several different treatment options for termites, but the most effective method will vary depending on the severity of the infestation and the type of termite. Here in Nederland, we mainly deal with two types of destructive termites: eastern subterranean termites and Formosan termites. Both of these termites can cause serious damage to your home if left untreated, and both require different treatment methods.
Pestco Professional Pest has the experience and knowledge necessary to treat your termite problem quickly and efficiently. We will work with you to determine the best course of action for your specific situation and get rid of your termite problem for good.
Our Nederland termite control process begins with a thorough inspection of your home to identify the problem areas and any active termite colonies. We will then develop a customized treatment plan to get rid of the termites and prevent them from coming back. This usually involves a combination of liquid treatments and baiting systems. We also provide pre-treatments and new construction treatments to prevent termites from ever becoming a problem in the first place.
Don't let termites ruin your home. Call Pestco Professional Pest today and get started on your path to termite-free living.
Preparing For Wildlife Threats To Nederland Residents
Wildlife is a part of life here in Nederland, but that doesn't mean you want these animals in your home or on your property. Raccoons, opossums, snakes, and other animals can carry diseases and parasites that can be harmful to humans and can also cause damage to your property.
However, there are steps you can take to prevent wildlife from becoming a nuisance. Pestco Professional Pest offers the following tips:
- Keep your property clean and free of debris. This will make it less attractive to animals looking for a place to nest.
- Seal up any openings around your home that animals could use to get inside, including gaps in doors, windows, and the foundation.
- If you have pets, keep them indoors or in a fenced area to help to deter animals from coming onto your property.
- Don't leave food out in the open. Store it in containers with tight-fitting lids, and dispose of garbage properly.
- If you see a wild animal on your property, call Pestco Professional Pest. We can help to remove the animal safely and prevent it from returning.
Taking these steps will help to keep Nederland residents safe from the dangers of wildlife. If you do have unexpected visitors, Pestco Professional Pest is here to help. We provide professional animal control and wildlife management services in Nederland that will remove the animal safely and prevent others from coming back. Call us today to learn more or to schedule a free inspection.